MONTHLY CONSUMER CLEANING TIP
Tips on Comforter Care
• Follow the care instructions carefully.
• Tailored and quilted bedspreads, as well as comforters that are too large for home machine washing, should be taken to your professional cleaner.
• Clean or launder all matching or coordinated items (pillow shams, dust ruffles, curtains) together to ensure that any color loss will be uniform.
• Before cleaning, inspect the comforter for cuts, tears, or weak areas. A quilted article becomes quite heavy when immersed in solvent or water and, during cleaning, these small rips, tears, and holes can enlarge.
• Clean spots and stains quickly to prevent permanent damage to the textile and color.
• Remember that light exposure, atmospheric conditions, and time alone can affect dyes and cleaning performance.
• Zip-on covers can be purchased to help protect down comforters. These covers can easily be removed for regular cleaning and slipped back on.